Returning to Rome from a war against the Goths, the general Titus Andronicus brings with him the queen Tamora and her three sons as prisoners of war. Titus’ sacrifice of Tamora’s eldest son to appease the ghosts of his dead sons, and his decision to refuse to accept the title of emperor, initiates a terrible cycle of mutilation, rape and murder. And all the while, at the centre of the nightmare, there moves the villainous, self-delighting Aaron.
Grotesquely violent and daringly experimental, Titus was the smash hit of Shakespeare’s early career, and is written with a ghoulish energy he was never to repeat elsewhere.
This production revisits Lucy Bailey’s spectacular Globe production of 2006.
Courtesy of the terrific team at Shakespeare’s Globe, one of London’s finest venues and a fine example of how to honour the capital’s heritage “in the breach than the observance”, we have two seated tickets to give away for a performance chosen from 1st June to 13th July 2014. All you need to do to enter is email us your name, age and postal address by midnight Friday 23rd May to be in with a chance. Please include the words TITUS COMPETITION in the subject line and send to email@example.com. Winners will be announced here on the site during the week beginning 26th May. Terms and conditions apply – see below.
For those who don’t know how visceral a stage performance can be, you’ve never been spattered with gore from the violence of an Elizabethan or Jacobean play before! Check out the NSFW trailer on YouTube here to get an idea of the tone of this particular staging, carrying the strapline Brutality of the Highest Order. This revival of the 2006 production for the Bard’s 450th birthday includes William Houston in the lead, Ian Gelder (Kevan Lannister to Game of Thrones fans) and the magnificent Indira Varma (Rome, Game of Thrones).
Terms & Conditions
Eligibility: You are eligible to enter this Competition if you are:
- a UK citizen or a legal resident of the UK at all times during the Competition;
- 18 years old or older on the open date of the Competition;
- not an employee, agent, affiliate, officer or director of Boomstick Media Ltd, or of any advertiser, promotion agency, fulfilment agency or agent of Boomstick Media Ltd, or of anyone else professionally connected with this Competition, nor a family member of any of these;
- human – any use of electronic devices to enhance or alter your odds of winning will count as a false or deceptive entry;
- entering a Competition on or after the open date and on or before the close date of that Competition;
- and otherwise compliant with all the Official Rules.
Boomstick Media Ltd. may require you to provide proof that you are eligible and the authorised account holder of the email addresses used to enter a Competition. ”Authorised account holder” means the natural person to whom the email address in question has been assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organisation (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address.
- If you fail to provide all required information you may be disqualified.
- It is a condition of entry that all information given is true, current and full.
- You may not enter using multiple email addresses or as multiple participants.
- You are allowed only one entry, per entrant, per competition.
- If you attempt to use multiple addresses or enter more than once, you may be disqualified from this Competition.
- Boomstick Media Ltd. undertakes to use reasonable efforts to maintain adequate email, internet and other communication links but is not otherwise responsible for and shall not be liable for: late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; telephone, electronic, hardware, or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, delays or difficulties; errors in transmission; or prize deliveries attempted but not received.
- If you are disqualified, Boomstick Media Ltd. is under no obligation to publish this fact on Dragondark website or anywhere else.
- Boomstick Media Ltd. reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value or a cash alternative at any time and for any reason, e.g. if the advertised prize is no longer available.
- The prize winner for this Competition will be chosen randomly from all valid entries received.
- The Prize will be delivered to the email address or home address of the prize winner. Please allow twenty-eight (28) days for delivery.
- Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
Entry: By entering this Competition, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and by all decisions of Boomstick Media Ltd.